About Wally Hauck, PhD
If you are reading this you must be a little bit curious. Good!
First about me:
Now about Optimum Leadership:
- I live in Milford CT with my wife Lori and two rescue dogs Bonnie and Clyde. We have three children who have left the nest. Alex is married Lanette and they have two girls Maya and Alaina. We love our grand kids. Erin works in NYC. Emily is our youngest and just moved to North Carolina. We miss her a lot.
- I love reading and golf, not necessarily in that order.
- I love my customers and I bend over backwards in many ways to astonish them with new knowledge and new tools to improve performance.
- I am passionately committed to helping leaders make a transformation to a style of leadership that replaces the typical Frederick Taylor Scientific Management model we have all been taught for 100 years. This model has out lived its usefulness. Like an old suit it no longer fits our needs and must be replaced. That is what I do.
- I hold a doctorate in organizational leadership from Warren National University, a Master of Business Administration in finance from Iona College, and a bachelor’s degree in philosophy from the University of Pennsylvania.
- I studied how to be a better speaker with the National Speakers Association and earned my Certified Speaking Professional designation.
- In my consulting firm, Optimum Leadership, I have consulted with dozens of organizations and coached hundreds of individuals in improving leadership skills to boost employee engagement and performance.
- Combining training and facilitation expertise with a business background in marketing and sales, I help leaders to optimize resources, improve services to internal and external customers, and boost employee engagement.
- I am convinced we must replace the typical performance appraisal process. This process causes damage to relationships and performance in ways that cannot be measured.
- I am pasionate about Dr. W. Edwards Deming’s Theory of Profound Knowledge.
- I also love being a professor of Organizational Change and Development at the University of New Haven in Connecticut.
Wally's One-Sheet for Bureaus Only
“I have no fear that the result of our experiment will be that men may be trusted to govern themselves without a master.” - Thomas Jefferson
- President of the National Speakers Association Connecticut Chapter 2008-2009
- Past President of American Society for Training and Development ASTD, Fairfield County CT Chapter
- Past member Board of Directors for ASTD, Fairfield County CT Chapter
- Past member of the Board of Directors of the Bridgeport Chamber of Commerce
- Past member of the Board of Directors for Bridgeport Rotary
- Past Board Member for Literacy Volunteers of America
- Speaker for The American Society of Quality at national conventions
- Speaker for The International W. EDWARDS DEMING INSTITUTE
THE NINTH ANNUAL RESEARCH SEMINAR 2003
- Speaker for the The International W. Edwards Deming Institute 12th Annual Research Seminar 2006
PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Organization Development – Quality – Performance Management
Results oriented and versatile professional
with abilities for analyzing and improving individual and organization
performance. Demonstrated expertise in
performance improvement, consulting, coaching, training, speaking, strategic
planning, team facilitation, and sales expertise. Leading productivity improvement projects focused on culture change, performance management improvement,
and continuous quality improvement events. Known as a trusted advisor to senior executives. A track-record
of building long-term profitable relationships with executives, employees,
strategic business partners, and colleagues.
Proficiency in facilitating major
change initiatives (mergers) with minimum decline of productivity and/or performance
and maximum buy-in. Knowledge of
manufacturing, Utilities, State Governments, Healthcare, Insurance, Financial
Services, Social Services, Construction, Universities, Telecommunications,
Military, and Non-Profit industries.
Optimum Leadership – Milford CT April 1996 – present
and President, responsible for marketing, operations, and strategy to deliver
consulting and training services that will achieve the ideal outcomes for
and employee engagement by facilitating a culture change initiative for
400 employees of a multiple location senior living facility in Denver, CO
resulting in improved turnover and profit gains
a culture change initiative to improve employee
engagement and performance for an organization dedicated to
enhancing the quality of life for persons with disabilities with 75
and reorganization of 170 regional
directors of the American Red Cross
quality of processes by facilitating multiple quality improvement
projects for 10 consecutive years resulting in the awarding of two State
quality awards (aligned with Malcolm Baldrige Quality National Award
criteria) for the State of Delaware
leadership effectiveness by delivering leadership skills
training to 600 managers and employees at the State of Delaware Department
of Natural Resources
of a functional team in a major public utility from below average to
become a “model of performance” as
recognized by her senior leadership
revenue and profit by 325% over a five year period for two
separate construction companies allowing the owners to sell the businesses
for a substantial profit
productivity by 25% and profitability by more than 15% with a privately
owned manufacturing company
profit and revenue with an international
leader in managing performing artists and institutions with a ground
breaking strategic plan
- Ability to create and conduct self assessments and skill assessments to improve knowledge and learning for individuals and organizations